Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Do you want to throw out your bus or train card and forget the queues and drive or cycle to work in record time?
Then this role is for you!
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for a team of eight that deliver core financial functions including reporting, planning, payroll, and rates. Reporting to the Executive Manager – Corporate Services, this position offers a considerable professional challenge for a senior accounting professional.
The focus of this position is preparing a suite of timely and accurate financial reports and Council’s Annual Report and Plans, analysing financial information, enhancing accounting processing systems and leading the accounting team.
As the successful applicant you will have
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and business planning
- Understanding of statutory reporting requirements
- Ability to take a lead role in enhancing processes and systems
- The ability to lead, direct and develop a small team
- A passion for providing timely and accurate financial information that will contribute to sound decision-making across the organisation
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop meaningful partnerships with all activity managers, the Executive team and elected members.
- An eye for detail
- Outstanding time management skills
- A knowledge of Local Government would be an advantage but not essential
- CA Qualification essential
If you are a team player, motivated and meet the above criteria, we would like to hear from you.
Details of the job description can be obtained from Council’s website www.codc.govt.nz/vacancies.
All applications should include a cover letter, CV and address the key selection criteria. Make sure your cover letter is specific about your experience and what you are looking for now.
Applications should be addressed to the Louise Fleck, Executive Manager – People and Culture at Central Otago District Council, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 27 January 2021.