Permanent Full Time
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are currently looking for a Facilities Officer to work for MTG Hawke's Bay - the regional and premier arts and culture facility for Hawke's Bay, housing and caring for the region's collection. The museum has an exciting programme of changing exhibitions and events and also incorporates the Century Theatre. The museum is heading into an exciting period of change with the Napier Library moving into and sharing the building for approximately 3 - 4 years. This role will work across all museum sites including off-site storage.
This role is responsible for the effective management and coordination of building facilities, health & safety, and security services for all MTG Hawke's Bay facilities, consistent with the museum's strategic direction and Council strategies and policies.
The Facilities Officer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring facilities are maintained to a high standard including building warrant of fitness and other legislative compliance
- Managing and overseeing the Building Management System (BMS) ensuring the environment is maintained to museum standards
- Overseeing Health & Safety at MTG facilities, including ensuring Health & Safety procedures and Council policy and legislative obligations are met, including contractors
- Facilitating and overseeing building improvement projects as required
- Responding to building emergencies (including outside of working hours)
- A positive attitude, be a team player, solution focused, with a strong customer service ethic, and good people skills;
- Proven practical experience and competence across a range of building maintenance including mechanical maintenance and air-conditioning systems;
- An ability to carry out a range of minor repairs;
- Experience working with and/or managing security systems;
- Some technical experience in AV and lighting for theatre;
- Competence with computer and information management;
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and use initiative.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
To apply for this job go to: http://careers.napier.govt.nz & enter ref code: 3921985.Applications close 31 January 2018
Location: Hawke's Bay, Central Hawkes Bay, Hastings, Hawkes Bay Regional, Napier City, Wairoa
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018