Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Facilities Management Coordinator - 6-Month Fixed Term
6-Month Fixed Term (Parental Leave Cover)
We are looking for an experienced facilities / property manager for a 6-month fixed term, providing parental leave cover for our Facilities Manager. The role will be responsible for coordinating the management of Facilities activities, which includes property, parks, reserves, playgrounds, buildings, public conveniences, recreation assets, cemeteries, pensioner housing, camping grounds, swimming pools, the Dannevirke aerodrome, and relevant Facilities contracts.
They will provide active leadership to Facilities staff, including technical direction, support and guidance, while maintaining regular contact with the Facilities Manager and Group Manager – Infrastructure. They will work collaboratively with staff, suppliers and stakeholders, making the best use of available financial, human and physical resources to provide effective, efficient and customer focused outcomes while ensuring service performance measure targets are achieved.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in leadership, service delivery and facilities and/or property management.
- Developed constructive and collaborative relationships with suppliers while managing contracts, to ensure the delivery of desired outcomes.
- The ability to apply good judgement, evaluation of complex problems/options, understanding and applying the advice of specialists from diverse disciplines, and managing information.
- An attitude of ownership and commitment, with ability to apply good judgement and pragmatically solve problems while balancing competing demands.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage a high workload.
- High level of communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience managing projects and budgets.
- Skills using MS Office and other systems.
We offer a competitive salary, a vehicle for work purposes (including travel to and from work) and an outstanding opportunity for further development.
To view the position description and download an application form, please visit our website - Vacancies | Tararua District Council (tararuadc.govt.nz)
Applications are also available at all Council Service Centres.
For more information please call 06-374-4080 or email: email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday 5th October 2022, however we will review applications as they are received and may close the position beforehand if the right candidate is found – please apply now to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure you complete the application form and submit it along with your CV and cover letter.