Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About Tauranga City Council
Tauranga City Council is one of Tauranga's largest employers, and we are always looking to attract great talent to join our driven, passionate, and community-focused team. To highlight that our people are our greatest asset, we offer a wide range of benefits that include 5 weeks of annual leave, flexible work-from-home options, career development, as well as an active social club. We always strive to ensure that you feel valued and supported in the workplace.
About the role
We are calling Environmental Planners of all levels to join our team at Tauranga City Council! As an Environmental Planner in our team, you'll be responsible for facilitating development in a way that makes Tauranga better for everyone, by ensuring that resource use is rigorously assessed and appropriately allocated to create sustainable communities. Thanks to a fast-paced process, you will get to witness how your work has helped shape our city.
Key elements of this position will include:
- Contributing to the development of council policies and strategic direction
- Maintaining strong relationships and liaising with the development community, including Iwi and hapu, developers, and other stakeholders
- Making decisions on resource consent applications that are robust and legally defensible
- Mentorship of other team members
- Providing senior expertise and technical direction on the Resource Management Act and other relevant legislation
While you'll not have any direct reports, an integral part of your role will be to coach/mentor other team members.
What you'll need to succeed
Your experience as an Environmental Planner means that you'll have a tertiary or higher qualification in Environmental Planning, Urban Planning, or Planning as well as experience with processing consents and prior work experience in planning. An NZPI membership will also be beneficial but is not required. As an individual, you will be a team player with exceptional written and communication skills that will allow you to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
How to apply
If you want to be part of an energetic, fun, and supportive team, then we'd love to hear from you. For more information, please contact Britney Mueller at email@example.com or 0273767380.
Please note we will not be accepting applications via email. If you wish to apply, please click 'Apply' at the bottom of this page and follow the link.
Applications will close upon the appointment of a successful candidate.
- Our selection process may include behavioural interview(s), psychometric and ability assessments, reference checks, and pre-employment screening
- Tauranga City Council will not accept applications or contact from any placement service, temporary staffing agency, or professional recruiter for this vacancy. If/where Tauranga City Council requires the support of a recruitment agency, we will seek this support from our network of agencies. We ask that you please do not contact Tauranga City Council or any of its employees regarding vacancies. Tauranga City Council will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any commissions, fees or other payments related to such unsolicited contact.