Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Engineering and Services Group Manager
A senior management role has become available for someone to lead our Engineering and Services team through a period of exciting challenges and developments for the Ōpōtiki District.
The successful applicant will be able to lead, monitor and report on Council assets and infrastructure and the implementation of key projects. As a member of the senior management team you will contribute positively to the strategic direction and vision of Council and have a proactive and innovative approach to leadership.
This is a big role, to perform well you will need to have:
- Experience and confidence to represent and network for Council at a range of meetings, conferences and/or working groups
- Able to provide technical advice to Executive Management and Elected Members
- Proven ability in reaching strategic objectives by leading a team effectively
- Solid experience in infrastructure and asset management and the implementation of Asset Management Plans
- Experience in the management and reporting of major budgets that ultimately contribute to long term plans and strategic goals.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to build rapport with an existing team of committed workers.
Ōpōtiki is a place where the community is loyal and proud. They are connected to the land and sea and looking forward to a promising future for generations to come. If you fit the brief we look forward to receiving your application. In return we can offer you a role that provides excellent work life balance with the coast, rivers on your door step and larger centres less than two hours away.
Please visit www.odc.govt.nz/jobs to view the Position Description and apply online.
Applications close 4pm Monday 26 October 2020.