Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Engineer | Stormwater & Flood Protection
- Join a forward-thinking Council with an excellent culture
- Enjoy the incredible Taranaki coastal & mountain environment
- Have more time to do what you love outside of work
If you’re tired of fire fighting in your role and want to join a Council that’s thinking ahead and investing appropriately in infrastructure, look no further. New Plymouth District Council is leading the way with its integrated infrastructure management. We have a culture that’s centred around working together, respecting each other and making a difference, delivering for our community. If you’re new to New Plymouth and Taranaki, you’ll find life is easy here … you can walk or cycle to work, houses are affordable, we have an awesome coastline and mountain on our doorstep, plus plenty of cafes, restaurants, events.
We have an opening in our Three-Waters Team for a Stormwater Engineer to deliver professional advice and technical services in stormwater engineering and flood protection.
- Carry out investigations and design solutions to flooding and stormwater issues.
- Supervise and administer professional service and maintenance and operations contracts related to stormwater and flood protection infrastructure.
- Ensure stormwater catchment management plans and the asset management system are kept up to date, and all required monitoring, condition assessments and maintenance is undertaken (eg., dam inspections).
- Report on the condition and performance of stormwater and flood protection infrastructure and identify or make recommendations on renewal and upgrade projects.
- Evaluate the impacts of new developments and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Respond to immediate flooding and stormwater issues and contribute to the planning for and management of flood events. Includes dam break response planning.
- Engage with the community and form collaborative working relationships within Council and with contractors, consultants, regulatory bodies.
- A degree or diploma qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering and 4+ years of related experience.
- Good technical understanding of stormwater and / or flood protection engineering, including prior design experience.
If you bring relevant experience and would enjoy the challenge of this role, we’d like to hear from you. You’ll be joining a highly engaged team that works well together with a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Applications close 30th June 2021
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.