Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Elected Member Support Advisor
- Are you experienced in maintaining trusting relationships with high profile stakeholders?
- Do you have political nous, and can you be politically neutral?
- Can you react swiftly to resolve issues as they arise?
- If so, we have just the right job for you!
We are looking for someone who can be both proactive and reactive. Someone who is passionate about providing a high-quality, efficient, and tailored customer service.
You'll thrive in this role if you have a positive attitude, are organised, have good problem-solving skills, can remain calm under pressure, and have well developed oral and written communication skills.
The opportunity to work alongside our elected members, including councillors and community board members, is rare. Your role will be to provide administrative and advisory support to ensure that our elected members have what they need to effectively perform their governance role. You will also make sure they are well connected with officers in the Council as well as members of the public.
Why work for the Council? We put people at the heart of everything we do; we care for our people and offer some good professional development opportunities as well.
We also offer the following:
- Five weeks annual leave after two years of continuous service for permanent staff
- Family leave provisions and a generously subsidised kid's school holiday programme
Hit apply now to make an application online and/or to view the position description. All applications must be submitted online. For more information you are welcome to get in touch with Aleena Antony, Talent Acquisition Partner at Aleena.email@example.com
Applications for this role will close Sunday, 7 March 2021.
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work.