Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Economic Development Manager
Fixed-term - full-time (two years)
As a district, the Kapiti Coast is primed for growth, with significant new infrastructure nearing completion, a growing population and increasing business growth and investment. This is providing significant opportunity for the district and we are looking for a seasoned Economic Development Professional who can hit the ground running to effectively lead the delivery of agreed economic development work programmes (including the Kapiti District Economic Development Strategy).
In order to realise this opportunity you will need to build and maintain a high performing team and strengthen partnerships and collaboration with local Iwi, Business, the Kapiti Chamber of Commerce, Wellington NZ, education and training providers, community leaders, and other relevant government agencies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and capability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organization
- relevant tertiary qualification(s) and/or relevant and robust experience working in economic development or related industries
- proven economic development, strategic planning and analytical skills
- demonstrated expertise in project management - both methodology and practical aspects - preferably in a local government or public sector environment
- demonstrated effective track record regarding internal and external relationship management and development.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you'd like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Darryn Grant, Strategic Development Director on 027 555 3645 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.