Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Stratford Based
- Make Your Mark
- Strong Leadership Focus
- Positive Team Environment
About The Role
Due to a planned retirement, we have an exciting opportunity for a Consents Manager to lead the team of 6 knowledgeable and dedicated professionals committed to advocating for the natural resources in Taranaki. Reporting directly to the Director Resource Management, you will be focused on:
- Team leadership and fostering a positive team environment
- Leading Council’s consenting function to achieve the levels of service set out in the Long-Term Plan
- Working with the team to successfully assess, report on and make recommendations on applications for a diverse range of industrial, urban and rural activities.
Skills & Experience
Candidates of interest will bring a strong background in consent processing, with a sound knowledge of the Resource Management Act and case law. You will have:
- Leadership experience with proven ability building a positive team culture, conveying the vision and clear team purpose
- A minimum of 10 years consent processing, or related experience, preferably with experience presenting expert evidence at Council or Environment Court Hearings.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability developing rapport with a wide range of stakeholders
- A good understanding of Maori cultural aspects of resource management is advantageous.
- TRC is well known for being an effective and nimble Council that is innovative and leads the way with the implementation of practical programmes that make a real difference for Taranaki communities
- Capable and experienced senior management team, a newly appointed CEO and a positive culture with strong family values
- Flexible working options
- Onsite gym, active social club, additional leave days
- Work alongside fantastic people who are truly dedicated to the Taranaki region.
About the Council
We are an enthusiastic bunch of people at Taranaki Regional Council, helping the region continue to be an enviable place to live, play and do business.
Our mission is to work for a thriving Taranaki by promoting the sustainable use, development and protection of our natural and physical resources, and advocating for the region’s best interests.
To apply in strict confidence now, click ‘Apply for this job’ or email your cover letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 7732sk. Applications close on 29 August 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view the Candidate Briefing document, please visit www.sheffield.co.nz
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367