Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Overflowing with ideas? Brilliant storyteller? Calm under pressure?
Kaipara District Council is overhauling its communications and you could be part of it.
We offer an enviable lifestyle in a beautiful environment where rural charm meets coastal chic. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and laid back lifestyle make this an amazing place to live and work.
In this role you will work collaboratively with our Communications Department to design and implement Kaipara District Council's new Internal and External Communication Strategy in line with our organisational culture and strategic framework. You will engage with our community, staff and key stakeholders in a meaningful way regarding council activities.
To be considered, we seek candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Appropriate journalism or communications degree
- Solid experience in a communications or journalism role
- Experience in public relations and media management
- Awareness of potential political and organisational risks in relation to the media
- Ability to write and edit communications material
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Public Information Management protocols and procedures
- Knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi and partnerships with Māori
- Ability to work effectively within a political environment and to build relationships with elected members, staff and the community
- Ability to plan, set and achieve goals and key responsibilities
- Ability to work with and drive digital communication technology and solutions
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
Apart from our gorgeous location, Kaipara District Council offers a supportive team environment in the midst of positive transformation and change.
Benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance if required, including travel and temporary accommodation
- Professional memberships and ongoing professional development
- Study assistance
- Negotiation on flexible working options
- Promotion opportunities and career pathways
- Health and wellbeing initiatives (yoga, pilates, massage, etc.)
- Offices located in Mangawhai and Dargaville
To apply for this job go to: http://kaiparadc.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4933832. Applications close 29 November 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 4933832
Closing Date: Friday, 29 November 2019