Permanent Full Time
An outstanding opportunity to make Nelson an even better place
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader to make a significant impact in a thriving area of regional New Zealand.
With a population of 50,000 residents, Nelson is a vibrant city at the heart of Te Tau Ihu - Top of the South, connecting to over 150,000 people in the wider Nelson-Tasman-Marlborough region. Consistently rated one of the best performing regions in the country, Nelson is a growing city that is establishing a reputation as a key choice for innovative thinkers.
The Nelson City Council (NCC) Chief Executive role offers a significant leadership opportunity in regional New Zealand. NCC is one of only six unitary councils that plays a dual role as both a regional and territorial authority. As Council’s principal advisor in this diverse environment, the Chief Executive will lead a team of approximately 300 staff who are passionate about improving their city for both locals and visitors alike.
Key attributes sought in the appointee include:
- Prior track record of proven success in a senior leadership role from local/central government or with a relevant commercial background;
- A dynamic and empathetic leadership style with the ability to support and grow talent within a complex organisational setting;
- Political acumen and the proven ability to build effective relationships and confidence at all levels within the community;
- Strategic leadership of diverse functions including strategy, policy development, service delivery, people leadership, financial and commercial (asset) areas;
- Capability in managing future focussed infrastructure development and environmental solutions;
- Relevant exposure to iwi and community partnership, with a proven record in collaborative thinking and actions;
- Demonstrable prior experience working to a board or governance group.
The Council has a vision of Nelson continuing to develop and prosper economically to further grow its reputation as an outstanding location to live, work, and invest in. The Chief Executive they seek will fulfil this vision while maintaining the stability of the organisation, building on past success.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual who wants to work at the top of their game leading a large organisation in such a sought-after location.
Confidential enquiries and applications should be directed to Grant Pryde or Vishnu Nair at Ichor Leadership Search by 5pm Wednesday 5 July 2017. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +64 4 499 8230.
Location: Nelson/Tasman, Nelson
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2017