- Leadership and DeliveryPlay a pivotal role in ensuring Ashburton District is viewed as a district of choice for lifestyle and opportunity.
The Ashburton District Council provides core infrastructure services to a growing population of 34,000 residents. Surrounded by some of New Zealand's most productive and diverse agricultural land and significant agricultural processing facilities, Ashburton provides an attractive lifestyle opportunity. The Council has a sound financial base and high staff engagement.
With a number of large projects planned, the Council is looking to appoint a talented Chief Executive who can turn inspiring vision into effective operational decisions and direction. Together the Chief Executive and Council will ensure the district continues to enhance its reputation for providing a quality lifestyle with strong social and economic growth for today and future generations.
The Chief Executive will provide effective management support and advice to the Mayor and Councillors, communication and engagement with the community, and lead the development of Council's plans and priorities. A key focus will be to lead the 200+ staff to provide efficient and effective service delivery, with a focus on long term sustainability. Building relationships, presenting informed and innovative solutions, enhancing the performance of the Council and delivering to commitments are all indicators of success for the Chief Executive.
Key attributes sought in the appointee include the following:
- A reputation for transformational service delivery
- An understanding of the local government sector
- High calibre financial management and business acumen
- Superior relationship skills with the ability to effectively represent the Council
- A focus on driving economic development
- The ability to provide effective and constructive oversight of large-scale projects
- A genuine commitment to the community and an appreciation of its diversity and values
For further information on Ashburton District Council please visit www.ashburtondc.govt.nz
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com
Applications for this role close on Friday, 6 April 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: CJAK841703
Closing Date: Applications close Friday, 6 April 2018.