Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
The Kapiti Coast District Council's looking for a Building Officer to join our thriving building team, who has a passion for ensuring people are safe in and around buildings in our district, and a commitment to positively engage with our customers.
You will be an experienced Building Officer with current competencies and be working towards or have a qualification that satisfies accreditation regulation 18. Our Building Officers have the opportunity of working across the range of BCA and TA functions under the Building Act, which is why our role description is broad.
To be successful in this role you will also have the following:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service
- Be able to research and reach reasoned decisions and exercise judgement
- Show appropriate levels of computer skills (Microsoft suite, MagiQ, Ed, GoGet)
- Work with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of Māori perspectives and issues
- Be able to work unsupervised and as an effective team member
- Work to ensure that Council meets its obligations under the Building Act 2004
- Contribute to KCDC's accreditation as a building consent authority
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Hold a current and full New Zealand driver's licence
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Michelle Salmon, Team Leader Building Inspections on 04 296 4635 or free phone 0800 486 486.
Further information on the role description and application documents can be found via our website at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday, 1 February 2021.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed council application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and driver's licence marked 'Building Officer Ref: 064' to email@example.com