Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Building Control Officer - Processing
- Catch your dinner before you even start work for the day.
- Go surfing on your lunch break
- Discover a new bush walk every weekend
Sounds like a dream but it could be your reality when you live, work and play on the Coromandel.
An opportunity has opened for a Building Control Officer Processing into be part of our Building Unit and the team that ensures the right things are happening for homes and buildings. This is a permanent, full-time role based in our Thames Office but comes with hybrid working options.
Dealing with the intricacies of the building applications you will need to be able to develop strong relationships and have a can-do attitude. Attention to detail is key and you will be a self-starter who can prioritise and operate under pressure. A great sense of humour and a positive attitude will also have you fitting right in.
Ideally, we’d love an experienced processor with:
- An appropriate NZ qualification relating to Building Control (or working towards)
- An understanding of current NZ Building Code legislation and NZ Building Code
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build sound relationships and give advice
- Good computer literacy and problem-solving abilities
If you believe you have the right skill set and the right attitude, we want you to join our team.
We offer a range of benefits that focus on supporting you and your family to live the life you choose.
Our culture, based around accountability and trust, empowers our team to achieve outcomes they didn’t think possible. We are dedicated to building an inclusive team culture and thrive on agility, promote flexibility, and expect high performance.