Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Building Consents Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Building team as a Building Consents Officer. We are currently seeking a qualified, experienced, customer focussed person with a background in the construction industry to join our inspection team.
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 weeks' annual leave after 2 years' service.
As a Building Consents Officer, you will be responsible for
- The administration of the Building Act and associated regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the development process within Napier City is run in accordance with the Building Act and relevant legislation
- Inspecting building work that is carried out under building consent approval
- Meeting or exceeding accreditation standards to reduce the liability exposure to Council
- A qualification that complies with Regulation 18 of the Accreditation Regulations
- A broad understanding of the Building Act and New Zealand Building Code
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a substantial workload to meet statutory deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate positively with a wide range of people
- The ability to work cooperatively in a busy team and the confidence to work with minimum supervision
- Sound computer and related technology skills
- A strong commitment to positive customer service
- Join the Building team and be part of the rewarding culture
- Great opportunity to use your industry knowledge in a professional environment
- Ongoing training and development
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening
To apply for this job go to: https://careers.napier.govt.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6227195.
Applications close 26 February 2023