Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Asset Manager | Roading
- Opportunity to work in a small Council & have high community impact
- Enjoy a more relaxed & rural way of life
- Variety of day-to-day work + professional challenges
Are you looking to have a meaningful and direct impact through your work, plus to restore work-life balance and have time and energy to do what you love outside of work? This opportunity will enable you to do both!
South Waikato is a great choice whether you’re seeking a quieter, more rural environment, a greater sense of community, or the chance to get out and enjoy fantastic rural villages, river and bush walks, water sports, hunting or fishing.
At South Waikato District Council, we’re proud to live in and work for our community. Our vision is for every person living in South Waikato to be healthy, thriving, safe and vibrant living in a sustainable community and environment. Key to achieving this vision is having well-functioning infrastructure that meets the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in!
- Prepare Asset Management Plans, Long Term and Annual Plans, and Forward Works Programmes (with associated budgets) for South Waikato’s transport infrastructure and oversee implementation of these plans and programmes to deliver value for money.
- Consider whole of infrastructure implications and lifecycle costs and make recommendations on investment priorities, working closely with Waka Kotahi (NZ Transport Agency) to secure funding.
- Procure consultant and contractor services and supervise and administer contracts.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the achievement of levels of service and the condition and performance of the transport network, utilising RAMM and other Asset Management systems.
- Engage with the community and form collaborative working relationships within Council and with contractors, consultants, regulatory bodies.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering and 5+ years’ related experience.
- Good technical understanding of roading engineering and skills in asset management planning and forward works programming.
- Excellent management and planning skills, plus the ability to communicate at a high level to a range of audiences.
This position is located in our main office in Tokoroa, the largest town in South Waikato and an easy commute from Tirau, Putaruru and Arapuni if you prefer more rural or village environments. If you’re looking to return to New Zealand or to the region, South Waikato District Council can offer practical support and some financial assistance. If you currently live in New Zealand but are not yet a NZ resident, South Waikato District Council can support you in your visa & residency applications.
Click Apply to register your interest, or for more information contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
Applications close 27 June 2021.
South Waikato District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
firstname.lastname@example.org | excellence in technical recruitment | www.peakrecruitment.co.nz