Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Asset Manager - Full Time
Ōpōtiki is in a period of growth and on the move and we are proud to be part of the Eastern Bay of Plenty success and shaping the future. If you are looking for your next career move where you are working with some of our key and critical assets, and helping shape essential services for our community then we would love to hear from you.
Sunny Opotiki is only forty minutes from Whakatane (and 30 minutes from Ōhope) and two hours from Tauranga, Rotorua and Gisborne. Steeped in culture, it’s a district of diversity with a landscape that ranges from beautiful coastal vistas, stunning beaches and secluded valleys to crystal clear mountain streams. If you live here, you will know all this, and if you want to return home, we can’t wait to see you again and if you are new to the idea of living in a beautiful region, then come and explore - you don’t know what you are missing. You can live work and play in a district that you also have a hand in shaping.
We know an Asset Manager could come from a range of experiences and backgrounds, but we also know you will have some critical attributes
- Curiosity – you will have an innate love for exploring how things work, why they are the way they are and how they could be better
- Analytical – be good with using data and accessing them through systems like GIS, able to see patterns and trends, and translate this into meaningful information to be used in local government planning and recommendations
- Systems thinker – see beyond the here and now, see how things inter-relate and what levers would drive a better solution or potentially create issues down the line
- Be a team player, excellent communicator and relationship builder – an Asset manager here intersects between the policy makers, the engineers and finance – and supports our Councillors to understand and make decisions – so your ability to listen for issues, listen for meaning and then provide recommendations is key
- Be governance savvy – ideally you have worked in local government you will understand the inner workings – of how to get things done and be smart with it.
- Experience with and understand three waters assets – ideally you will have worked within three waters services and come with great experiences to share.
So whether you want to build your career or a seasoned professional we would love to hear from you. And why not design that lifestyle including your work? We can offer flexible working and/or reduced hours will be considered. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Glen McIntosh, acting Group Manager, Engineering Services on 021 150 5326, in confidence.
To view the Position Description and to apply online please visit: www.odc.govt.nz/jobs