Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Asset Management Information Officers x2
- 1x Permanent role, Whakatāne
- 1x Fixed Term role (12 months), Whakatāne
We are looking for two information experts to join our Rivers and Drainage Assets team within the Bay of Plenty Regional Council. We have two roles for an Asset Management Information Officer available: one is a permanent role; the other is a fixed term role for a period of 12 months.
Both roles are based in Whakatāne (otherwise known as the sunshine capital of New Zealand), and as part of our Rivers and Drainage Assets Team, will make important contributions towards Council goals around flood protection and land drainage infrastructure assets for our community.
Reporting to the Rivers and Drainage Assets Manager, your primary responsibility will be to deliver high quality data maintenance, analysis and reporting using the Council’s asset management information and GIS systems to ensure asset data is fit for purpose and supports best practice asset management across the organisation.
As an Asset Management Information Officer you will also:
- Be the champion of Council’s asset management information system, ensuring staff are trained and supported to use the system.
- Implement system configuration improvements that meet user needs.
- Review and improve systems and processes.
The 12 month fixed term role will have a particular focus on:
- Data validation and capture including field investigations when required.
- Assist with the capture of new asset datasets, and the disposal of existing assets.
Your skills and experience:
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Management and organisational skills to deliver high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes.
- An ability to analyse problems and identify solutions for their resolution.
- Process and technology knowledge related to asset and data management, financial and geospatial systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the annual asset management process e.g. valuations, condition assessments, maintenance and capital works programmes.
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is responsible for land, air and water as well as public transport and economic development. A major focus of our work involves looking after the environment. We manage the effects of people’s use of freshwater, land, air and coastal water. However, we also have a broader responsibility with others for the economic, social and cultural well-being of the regional community.
With offices based in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne, the Bay of Plenty Regional Council offers an excellent work/life balance.
We are a value-driven organisation that really cares about people. Highlights of working at the Bay of Plenty Regional Council include:
- Being part of a high performing and collaborative team.
- Opportunities for growth, learning and development.
- Varied and challenging work that makes a real impact on the community and environment.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A competitive remuneration and holiday leave package.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW or call Kirsty Brown, Rivers and Drainage Assets Manager on 0800 884 880 for a confidential discussion.
To access a copy of the Job Description please click on the link below or copy and paste it into your web browser.
NB: To apply for this job, you must have the legal right to be able to work in New Zealand and also a current, valid driver’s licence. As this position is designated as being “safety sensitive”, the successful candidate will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol check as part of the recruitment.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 17 June 2021 and will only be accepted online.