Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Asset Analyst | Transportation
- Join a forward-thinking Council that’s leading the way with its integrated infrastructure planning
- Flexibility to consider applicants at different levels from emerging to proven experience
- Enjoy the coastal environment, iconic walk & cycleways, & mountain playground that make Taranaki the place to live
New Plymouth District Council’s vision is to build a lifestyle capital by putting people first, caring for our place and supporting a prosperous community. Key to achieving this vision is having well-functioning infrastructure that meets the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in!
We're looking for an Analyst, Scientist or Engineer to work closely with our operations team and maintenance contractors to bring about an improved understanding of the condition, performance of our roading network/transportation assets, and to optimise our asset management practices and planning.
- Develop and be the steward of the processes to identify, extract and utilise the data on the condition, performance of our roading network/transportation assets.
- Work in partnership with others to facilitate good asset management – includes communicating what good asset management looks like, why it’s important and the benefits of doing it well, also providing practical assistance and trouble shooting.
- Provide advice on the condition, performance and optimisation of transportation assets.
- Contribute to the development of robust asset management plans and maintenance and renewal strategies, programmes.
- A degree qualification in a related field (eg., Engineering, Science, Management Science) and an interest or background in transportation infrastructure and/or asset management.
- The analytical, conceptual skills to understand data requirements/frameworks and to interpret, extrapolate trends/findings and inform decision-making.
- Relate well and enjoy being of service to others with the communication, influencing skills to gain genuine buy-in to new practices.
- Good technical report-writing skills, able to write for technical and non-technical audiences.
There is flexibility to consider applicants at different levels from emerging to proven experience, and the position will be structured accordingly.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HZBM944825
Location: Taranaki, New Plymouth
Closing Date: Closes Tuesday 17 September 2019