Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Live the slow life; fast track your career
- Fantastic opportunity to progress yourself and generate innovation
Businesses talk about Diversity and Flexibility – We live it. We are the Gisborne District Council and we are passionate about Diversity and Flexibility in our workplace. Flexibility in how you build a career path, diversity in the skills you will learn and the variety of projects you will have the opportunity to work on.
Here at Gisborne District Council, we pull our values from the community we serve. It makes sense then that we are enthusiastic about culture in our workplace. Family and inclusivity are deep seated in our culture. We work hard together to make our people proud and our whanau are why we are so passionate about what we do for the community here at Gisborne District Council.
We are currently recruiting for a skilled individual to join our growing team and help shape the future of our region. There are opportunities to develop skills in a number of interesting and diverse roles, and you will be well supported by a team that prides ourselves on nurturing an inclusive workspace that embraces innovation and creativity, so bring your passion and leading-edge ideas to Gisborne District Council.
A bit about you:
- You will have at least 2-5 years of accounting experience, preferably a Chartered Accountant.
- Sound interpretative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication ability with highly developed listening & questioning skills.
- Self-managing with energetic pace and drive.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards.
- Problem definition and resolution skills.
- Highly skilled evaluation, negotiation and analytical ability, attention to detail.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
What we offer:
- Permanent role because we know that job stability is important.
- Flexible working hours to enjoy our tranquil and beautiful surroundings and spending time with your greatest supporters; your whanau.
- Flexibility to work on a range of different projects and tasks, no day will be the same and we encourage you to get stuck in to anything that piques your interest.
- Career progression, training and development to continue your learning and inspire those that come after you.
- A career path that can adapt as you grow new skills and discover fresh interests.
- Ability to balance your hours around your family and other commitments.
Who we are:
Gisborne District Council is the local government, both district and regional authority for Tairāwhiti, New Zealand. We are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region. At Gisborne District Council, we see you as more than a cog in the wheel; you are a valued voice for your whanau and community.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now and make a difference in the lives of future generations. Gisborne District Council is the place to make change, so be part of shaping our future today! Will you join us?
Please contact Melanie Hartung for further information.
Applications Close: 10am, Tuesday 28 September 2021.