Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Rare Opportunity to join our Finance Team
Hands up, who wants a lifestyle change?
Have you thought about working in one of New Zealand’s fastest growing and most stunning districts? A place that has unsurpassed natural landscape with great outdoors to live, work and play in.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position offers considerable business challenges in this Accountant role. The focus of this position will be to support an existing team as well as deliver technical and analytical services to internal clients. This role will be part of a greater team of Finance that will lead the organisation into the future with innovative solutions whilst developing and enhancing management accounting processes.
This role would suit someone with the following attributes:
- Proven technical and analytical experience, in particular the development of activity-based ledgers
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and business planning processes
- Understanding of statutory reporting requirements
- Ability to take a lead role in enhancing processes and systems
- The ability to lead, direct and develop a small team
- A passion for providing timely and accurate financial information that will contribute to decision-making across the organisation
- Solution focused
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop meaningful partnerships with cost centre managers and community boards across council
- An eye for detail
- Outstanding time management skills
- Demonstrated ability in report writing
- High level of responsiveness to internal client needs
- An understanding of local government would be advantageous
- A member of ICAANZ ideal, but not essential
What you will get in return:
- A great bunch of staff who are passionate about their roles and community
- A lifestyle full of cycle tracks, waterways and a landscape that is like no other
- You can bring your furry friend to work, as dogs are welcome on Friday's
If you are a team player, love adding value to an organisation, motivated and believe you are a fit for this position, we would like to hear from you.
Details of the job description can be obtained from council’s website www.codc.govt.nz.
All applications should include a cover letter, CV and address the key selection criteria. Make sure your cover letter is specific about your experience and what you are looking for now.
Applications should be addressed to Louise Fleck, Executive Manager – People and Culture, Central Otago District Council, PO Box 122, Alexandra 9340 or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Applications close Wednesday, 21 October at 5.00pm.