Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
3 Waters Planning Engineer - Senior
If you’re seeking to have a meaningful, direct impact through your work and to shape the 3-waters infrastructure for a district, and you enjoy steering technical direction and project delivery, then this position could be a good fit.
You’ll be joining New Plymouth District Council at a critical time with the approved long-term plan providing for considerable infrastructure investment. This includes a new $30M wastewater system for Urenui and the nearby settlement of Onaero in North Taranaki.
- Prepare master plans for the long-term development of 3-waters infrastructure that integrates with the direction set in the District Plan.
- Contribute to the development of structure plans for growth areas, asset management plans, and the long-term plan.
- Lead project teams in the delivery of infrastructure planning projects. This includes operating as Project Manager for the investigation, planning, concept design and consenting of the new Urenui Wastewater System.
- Develop strategic, programme and detailed business cases for infrastructure projects.
- Evaluate the impacts of new developments and provide advice to Development Engineers.
- Engage with the community including iwi, and form collaborative working relationships within Council and with consultants and regulatory authorities.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in 3-Waters Engineering.
- Effective in steering technical direction and project delivery.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
At New Plymouth District Council, we know that having a fantastic culture is vital to serving our community and to creating our vision to Build a Lifestyle Capital. Our values centre around working together, respecting each other, achieving wellness and making a difference. This includes flexible work practices.
If you’re new to New Plymouth and Taranaki, you’ll find life is easy here … you can walk or cycle to work, houses are affordable, we have an awesome coastline and mountain on our doorstep, plus plenty of cafes, restaurants, events.
Applications close 8 August 2021. We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.