Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Works Delivery Manager
Alive with Opportunity
South Taranaki is a district of unlimited potential. Wedged between majestic Mount Taranaki and the sea, South Taranaki is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, spectacular scenery, temperate climate and a rich cultural heritage. In terms of lifestyle it doesn't get much better with an abundance of opportunities to enjoy the recreational activities on offer with everything right on your doorstep.
The South Taranaki District Council offers a proven "Best Place to Work" environment and the chance to join an energetic, progressive organisation. You will be part of a Management team which is focussed on delivering results and high quality customer service, building strong teams, developing your people and their capabilities and engaging in key partnerships with our community.
This position has been created as a result of a recent realignment. Reporting directly to the Group Manager Community & Infrastructure Services, the Works Delivery Manager will lead a significant portfolio which includes 3 waters, roading, solid waste and horticulture services. A key focus for this role is to support and promote a culture that aligns with the Council's organisational values and contributes to Council's success.
This is an incredibly demanding and customer focused role across a broad group of activities. The Works Delivery Manager role is an opportunity for an experienced leader with sound knowledge of service delivery to make this job their own.
What you will need to succeed
- Proven experience in the development of projects, policies and procedures in Roading, Solid Waste (operational), 3 Waters or Horticulture Services areas
- Proven experience in the management of community engagement programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders
- Ability to provide high level advice and support to Council to support decision making
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Experience in managing people and external contractors/service providers
- A University Degree in Civil Engineering or suitable tertiary qualification
- A knowledge and understanding of Tikanga Maori
Download a copy of the position description for more information and apply online by submitting a copy of your CV and cover letter. For a confidential discussion or more information, please contact Waid Crockett on 06 258 0555.
To apply for this job go to: www.southtaranaki.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4488665. Applications close 19 December 2018
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 4488665
Location: South Taranaki
Closing Date: Wednesday, 19 December 2018