Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Transportation Operations Engineer
Hastings District Council is seeking to recruit a suitable qualified person to work with the Transportation team in a multi-disciplinary area.
This position will:
- Contribute to sustainable development of the transport network and contracting standards.
- Manage road construction and maintenance contracts to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget and with right quality.
- Ensure transportation assets and services are professionally maintained and improved to meet present and future demands on the transportation network.
Key work areas for which this position will have lead responsibility within the collective responsibility of the Asset Management Group are:
- Asset Operations Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management
- Technical Support and Policy Advice
BE, NZCE (Civil), REA or Diploma in Highway or Civil Engineering with appropriate experience and skills.
Your will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Transportation operations management
- Transportation design
- Contract Preparation, Tender Evaluation and Management
- Financial Management
- NZ Transport Agency Programme implementation
You will have excellent leadership, financial management and meeting skills, be innovative, self-motivated and a good listener.
For further information about this position and to register and apply for this role visit: https://hastingsdc.careercentre.net.nz
Applications close 20 December 2018 with interviews to take place in January 2019.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HDC 60365
Closing Date: Thursday, 20 December 2018