Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader Financial Services
We are excited to present this position and seeking a technically competent high performing experienced individual who knows how to motivate and lead our diverse Financial Services team. This role will be a critical part of Council's financial reporting process including the annual report, accounts payable, accounts receivable and day to day management of five staff.
Our ideal applicant will be CA qualified, or close to CA qualification, with experience in a similar role in local government. However we will consider applications from individuals in other industries with a sound knowledge of financial reporting standards and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Working as part of the Finance team you will join a large and diverse organisation in a stimulating and challenging role.
The main functions of this role include;
- Responsibility for the preparation and audit of the financial sections of the Council’s Annual Report.
- Providing six weekly financial reports to Council meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring statutory and other statistical returns are submitted on time. i.e. Income Tax, GST,FBT etc.
- Responsibility for control and efficient processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Responsibility for the integrity of information in the General Ledger.
- Day to day management of the Financial Services team.
- Supporting the Senior Financial Accountant with Treasury as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- A chartered Accountant qualification/ nearing completion of the CA path (Capstone) or other equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in Financial Reporting, Taxation and other finance related functions.
- Excellent people management and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and require minimal supervision.
- Excellent Excel and report writing skills.
- Innovative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Please contact Prabath Jayawardana for further information.
Applications Close 10am, Friday 25th January 2019.
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz
PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 | PHONE 06 867 2049
Permanent Full Time
Job no: TG30918
Location: Gisborne, Gisborne
Closing Date: 10am, Friday 25 January 2019