Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Environmental Health Services
Creating Great Places, Supporting our People
The Far North District Council is on a transformation journey to become one of the regions most sought after and valued employers – we value manaakitanga, integrity and professionalism in delivering outstanding value to our customers and the community.
- Work for an organisation where your values will reflect your daily work
- Leadership role
- Community involvement.
About the role
You will lead a team of Environmental Health Officer who are passionate about the health of our people in Far North. This team is the face of Council; providing quality customer service whilst they undertake monitoring, audit, investigation and enforcement activities relating to Food, Alcohol, and Hygiene. They also provide relevant advice relating to Resource Management effects, Building Consenting applications and Environmental effects.
You will be able to provide technical advice and support to the Environmental Health team, other Council staff and the wider public working collectively to inform and educate. You’ll lead and set expectations for the team and have a good understanding of systems and an ability to provide accurate reports on Food, Alcohol and Environment affects / trends.
You will be committed to leading by example at all times, enjoy working collaboratively and is motivated by building strong, open relationships. You will have experience in compliance or enforcement type role, be a skilled investigator with great analytical and report-writing capability. It goes without saying that you will have experience managing a team.
Be a part of our journey to being a high performing organisation by applying online today.
How to Apply:
- Visit www.fndc.govt.nz/careers, review the position description and complete the application questions. Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter
- This position is based in Kaikohe, Kerikeri and Kaitaia. The current location is Kerikeri.
- The grade applicable to the position is Grade 16 within Councils salary structure
- The Salary is $73,030 to $85,918 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience
- Applications close on Thursday, 10 January 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: FNDC42828
Location: Northland, Far North
Closing Date: Thursday, 10 January 2019