Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified Systems Accountant who has proven experience with financial systems and a passion for working smarter. The successful candidate will have the ability to manipulate data, develop and maintain financial systems, implement process improvements and lead and deliver financial systems projects that enhance financial functionality.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintaining financial systems functionality while delivering to audit requirements
- Providing financial analysis and implementing best practice financial procedures
- Contributing to the development of the Annual Plan, Annual Report and Long Term Plan
Key skills required for this role include:
- Proven experience in accounting systems, financial modelling and data manipulation
- Significant experience in managing financial projects using proven project management methodology
- A degree in accounting or business studies and membership of the CAANZ
Working at Whakatane District Council means being part of a motivated, professional and customer focused team in one of New Zealand's most beautiful districts. You'll be working with talented, professional people who like to have fun and make a difference to the community in which we serve.
To apply for this job go to: http://whakatanecareers.co.nz/ & enter ref code: 4506728. Applications close 28 January 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 4506728
Closing Date: Monday, 28 January 2019