Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Are you a dynamic and strategic thinker with a rich understanding of local and regional government who is ready to help shape our region’s future? Do you thrive as a trusted partner to a broad range of stakeholders in a highly collaborative and complex political environment?
At Greater Wellington, we have a fantastic organisational culture that values strategic thinking, innovation, equality and flexible working arrangements.
The Strategic Advisor is responsible for providing advice, developing strategic policies and building strong working relationships in strategic projects, including, but not limited to transport, environment and economic development.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Proven experience developing and implementing strategic and corporate policy
- Strategic and conceptual thinking skills in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong relationship building skills with a customer-centric approach
- Experience with interpreting legislation and knowledge of public policy
- Excellent research skills with a knack for synthesising and communicating complex information to a broad readership
- A relevant tertiary qualification in public policy, political science or a related area
The Strategic Advisor sits within our Strategic and Corporate Planning Department which is responsible for facilitating and developing strategic and corporate policy for the organisation. The Department also supports the Wellington Regional Strategy, the region’s economic development activity.
To be part of making Greater Wellington greater please view the job description and apply via the link below.
For further information on the role please contact Nicola Shorten, Manager Strategic & Corporate Planning on 04 830 4035.
Applications close on Monday 25 February 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BIAM943568
Location: Wellington City
Closing Date: Monday, 25 February 2019