Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Policy Advisors
Wanting to work for a vibrant team in a progressive environment and in a role that will make a difference you can see? We are looking for two senior policy advisors to work in our Policy Implementation and Transport and Infrastructure teams.
Our senior policy advisors work on a variety of statutory and non-statutory policy and programmes for the Waikato Region, from helping district councils to manage natural hazards, maintain and enhance biodiversity and plan for growth, through to preparing and implementing our regional transport plans.
The Policy Implementation and Transport and Infrastructure teams together have responsibility for working across our organisation and with key stakeholders to implement our Regional Policy
For the Policy Implementation
For the Transport and Infrastructure
To be successful in either of these roles you will:
- Have at least five years' experience in a relevant field.
- Have a working knowledge of local government and the relevant legislative environment.
- Be an articulate and compelling communicator with strong writing and presentation skills.
- Be skilled in working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification.
- The satisfaction of having a hand in region-shaping projects and initiatives.
- A supportive working environment with flexible working arrangements.
- Strong support for continuing professional development including achieving and maintaining professional accreditations where relevant to the role.
- Opportunities to work with industry-leading experts in their fields.
- An organisation which incorporates principles of the Treaty of Waitangi in its work environment and practices.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: M7561
Location: Hamilton City
Closing Date: Sunday, 17 February 2019