Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Policy Advisor
Are you a high performing and experienced Senior Policy professional? Are you strategically driven with proven success in plan and policy development? Do you excel with research and communication and are you excited about authentic engagement and in creatively delivering this?
We are looking for an energetic policy expert with this mix of skills, to join our small and dedicated Policy team within the Strategy Group. You will need to be able to lead complex policy projects and have a track record of providing robust policy advice. This should include strong qualitative and quantitative research skills and experience with larger scale strategy work. Although there will be no direct team management, leadership and mentoring experience or potential is also important.
You will be expected to contribute to Council's collaborative team culture, have demonstrated an ability to make a positive contribution in the policy space and enjoy the dynamic relationships in our organisation and across the Whanganui Community.
Our team is responsible for developing and reviewing the district's strategy, policies and bylaws. You will also be innovative, positive, motivated and have a commitment to our Leading Edge aspirations.
To be successful in this role, you'll be someone who has:
- Experience leading a range of complex policy projects and working across teams to influence a range of activities
- Strong stakeholder relationship building, influencing and engagement skills to gain the cooperation and commitment of others
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to present information and ideas effectively and engagingly to a wide range of audiences
- Proven project management skills to deliver work within specified timeframes
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative research
- In addition, excellent attention to detail is a must
If you love working with others and want to make a real difference in our community, apply now!
Enquires about this role can be made to Stephanie Macdonald-Rose, Policy and Governance Manager on 06 349 3215. (Please do not send applications to this person).
Please visit our website www.wanganui.govt.nz for more information and to apply for this role.
Applications close : Wednesday 6 February 2019
Interviews will be held : Week commencing 18 February
The Wanganui District Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job go to: http://whanganuidc.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4521986.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 4521986
Closing Date: Wednesday, 6 February 2019