Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Operations & Maintenance Project Manager
Building Momentum | Kokiritia!
The most beautiful district in New Zealand continues to experience unprecedented growth. This rapid increase to resident and visitor numbers demands significant investment in our Property & Infrastructure portfolio to sustain the levels of service we provide to our community, and enhance our capability to break new ground for tomorrow. The programme is record-breaking in scale, three times bigger than anything the district has faced. And, Our Great Challenge is now your defining moment to Bring Your Best!
With major projects like the Queenstown Town Centre Masterplan (providing the necessary infrastructure to support a robust local economy) and Project Pure (upgrade of the Wanaka Wastewater Treatment Plant) in our pipeline, the place to be is Queenstown Lakes District, and the perfect time to aspire to the best work of your life is right now.
Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of the community, employing over 500 staff; we manage infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. With an annual operational budget of over $100m and a capital expenditure programme of $990m over ten years, we are a major part of the District’s economy.
As part of the Operations and Maintenance team, the Senior Project Manager (O&M) will manage the delivery of a portfolio of infrastructure projects, whilst conforming to the requirements of QLDC’s Project Management Office.
Working in consultation with the Contract Managers, the Maintenance and Operations Manager, and the Asset Strategy and Planning teams, the Senior Project Manager will have accountability for the execution of the minor capital works programmes across the transportation, Three Waters, and solid waste disciplines.
To ensure that the programmes deliver maximum benefit for both operational contracts and the community, the Senior Project Manager’s key responsibilities will include: the development of procurement strategies for the portfolio of projects; ongoing review of concepts and detailed designs; management of Consultants and Contractors (internal and external) during project delivery, and management of project budgets from commencement to completion. The role will also include assessments of project benefit realization for completed projects.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree qualification (engineering qualification or relevant project management qualification).
- Knowledge and experience with the application of project management methodologies (e.g. PMBOK, PRINCE2).
- 8 years’ minimum relevant experience in project delivery (experience with municipal infrastructure desirable).
- Practical experience - infrastructure project management, risk identification and mitigation, stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Sound commercial acumen.
- Well-developed people and communications skills, and a strong customer ethos.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills, with an excellent eye for detail and an ability to also focus on the big picture in the context of project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in process/system improvement.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs or feel free to contact Simon Mason – Maintenance Contracts Manager from Wednesday, 30 January 2019 to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close 27 Feb 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BBAM943521
Closing Date: Applications close, 27th February 2019