Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Scientist - Coastal Water Quality
We are currently recruiting for a coastal water quality scientist to join WRC's coastal science team. This will be an exciting and challenging position working across different aspects of water quality; nutrient dynamics and trends, relationships with catchment activities and suitability for human health. The role is within WRC's science directorate which is responsible for delivering
The role will offer a variety of opportunities given the diverse coastal environments and activities in the Waikato Region: the beaches, estuaries and outer islands of the Coromandel Peninsula and West Coast and the Firth of
The role will involve:
- Technical knowledge and advice on issues relating to coastal water quality research and science
- Design and management of environmental monitoring programmes, including
stateof the environment reporting and environment indicators
- Developing and implementing instrument deployment strategies
- Strategic advice to guide and assist
implementationof Waikato Regional Council's Regional Policy Statement
- Expert evidence in relation to RMA consents and plan hearings
- Expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders on coastal water quality including the effects of aquaculture and contaminant tracking.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly motivated with a proven track record in scientific investigations and analysis. 2-5 years' experience or greater
- Maintain high standards and rigour in their work including reporting and publications
- Sound knowledge of coastal water quality in the New Zealand context
- At least a basic understanding of the Resource Management Act
- Have an MSc in coastal/marine chemistry, aquatic sciences or similar
- PhD level is an advantage.
Knowledge or experience with aquaculture is an advantage.
If this is the new challenge you are looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Permanent Full Time
Job no: M7637
Location: Hamilton City
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 March 2019