Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Risk Advisor - fixed term one year
We have an important and unique new role available and we are seeking an experienced Risk Advisor to join our Internal Partnerships hub. This varied role will lead the development of our risk management framework and support and advise Councils leadership teams. This will include reporting, committee involvement, and engagement with key stakeholders on the effectiveness of Council’s risk management practices.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a corporate administration or risk related role.
- An understanding of the local government environment is desirable.
- An ability to develop and maintain strong and trusted relationships across a broad range of sectors at a senior level.
- An ability to quickly learn, absorb and apply information and understand complex or unfamiliar content with ease.
- An ability to identify problems or issues quickly and create possible pathways and solutions.
- To identify and make strategic connections between different areas of Council.
- Highly tuned analytical skills.
- A collaborative and agile approach to the workplace, as the role engages with diverse teams and functions across Council.
Our ideal candidates will be highly motivated team players who are well organised and dedicated to providing excellent service and quality outcomes for our Community.
In return, we offer you a rare and rewarding career opportunity in a forward thinking, contemporary workplace where you can truly make a contribution to the future of the Tairawhiti region. Our climate, lifestyle and environment has put our District on the map and we are in an exciting period of growth and development. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Please visit our website or contact Jenny Currie for further information.
Applications Close: 10am, Wednesday 27th February 2019.
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz
PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 | PHONE 06 867 2049
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: TG31133
Location: Gisborne, Gisborne
Closing Date: 10am Wednesday 27 February 2019