Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Resource Management Officer
Are you a qualified and experienced planner looking to further your career?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Resource Management Officer in our Resource Consents Team. This team has responsibilities for managing the natural resources of the beautiful Marlborough Region. As a unitary authority, Council is responsible for regional, district and coastal functions. The Resource Consent Section has the responsibility of processing a broad range of consent types under two operative Plans and a proposed Marlborough Environment Plan. Resource Management Officers key responsibilities include:
· Providing accurate information to potential applicants, interest groups and the general public on all resource management matters;
· Assessing and determining a wide range of applications for Resource Consent within statutory timeframes and requirements,
· Managing objections and appeals to the Environment Court; including giving expert evidence,
· Maintaining and managing consents data bases that are responsive to the needs and requirements of central government, applicants, submitters and the general public.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A sound understanding of the Resource Management Act, planning and consenting processing.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Resource Management or a related field.
- Experience in a regional or unitary Council processing regional consents.
- The ability to work individually as well as being a team player.
- A good work ethic with a strong alignment to providing great customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physically fit and active.
- New Zealand Planning Institute membership (preferred but not essential).
In return we can offer you a competitive remuneration package which is benchmarked against market rates, a high quality working environment with variety, cutting edge technology and the opportunity to work with a professional and supportive team interested in developing your career.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 4 March 2019.
Applications should be made online via the careers section of Marlborough District Council’s website where you will find full information on the vacancy and how to apply.
For further information you are welcome to contact email@example.com
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BOAJ943612
Closing Date: 5.00 pm Monday 4 March 2019