Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
BRING YOUR big picture thinking, energy and regulatory experience to the BEST place on earth and lead our Regulatory Team in delivering world-class outcomes with and for our vibrant community
Building Momentum | Kokiritia!
The most beautiful district in New Zealand is currently experiencing a high volume of growth. And, with a new door opening for our highly respected incumbent Regulatory Manager – who has made a significant contribution to our Regulatory Department, the Queenstown Lakes District Council and our community for right on twelve years, a rare and remarkable leadership opportunity has arisen. This is your new door to a diverse world where foresight matters and managing risk (whether anticipated or not) is a vital ingredient for success. Your opportunity to build momentum, lead, influence and shape how our high-performing, close-knit team and stakeholders engage so that we can “lift the bar” together for the regulatory enforcement services that make our district a better place to live every day.
The Regulatory Manager is responsible for the technical and people leadership, budgeting and enforcement of all regulatory functions, to ensure the delivery of a high quality enforcement service including Parking, Freedom Camping, Animal Control, Alcohol Licensing, Environmental Health, and Enforcement. The role includes management of after-hours contractors for noise, parking, animal control and freedom camping, towing contracts and harbourmaster activities across the district.
They will provide day-to-day technical leadership and provide high-level specialist expertise, skills and knowledge for complex regulatory issues. The role will also lead practice, set standard and give Team Leaders and officers technical and professional guidance, advice and mentoring in all aspects of the regulatory processes.
This is a key influencing role and the Manager will provide proven credibility and influence through strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
This is a key role in the development of strategic leadership regarding regulatory functions, and in enabling the effective service delivery, achieving legislative requirements, strategic outcomes, community goals, and Long Term Plans with a customer centric focus.
The role requires strong fiscal aptitude in setting and meeting CAPEX and OPEX budgets.
- Tertiary degree qualification in Planning or Environmental Health
- 10-15 years’ experience in local government regulatory enforcement
- Demonstrated experience in managing and mentoring teams and direct reports
- Ability to interpret and write legislation and policies
- High level understanding of Tactical Communications and dealing with Difficult People
- The ability to deal rationally with irate people by remaining calm
- Must be adaptable and able to cope with a variety of situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Relates well to all kinds of people.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate.
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit http://qldc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/ or feel free to contact Stewart Burns – General Manager – Finance, Legal & Regulatory to discuss this exciting, influential and varied leadership opportunity in confidence.
Applications close Sunday, 16 December 2018
Queenstown is nestled in the Southern Alps of New Zealand on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and is rated as one of the World’s top destinations. Queenstown is renowned for its four distinctive seasons which offer snow-capped mountains during the winter months for snowboarding and skiing, and long hot days which are perfect for mountain biking, food and wine tasting or walking along the many trails Queenstown has to offer during the summer months. Thrill seekers, families and food and wine connoisseurs will all find Queenstown Lakes District the perfect place to call home.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: LDAN843190
Closing Date: Applications Close Sunday, 16 December 2018