Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Programme Lead – Climate Change
Are you ready to lead and shape the Wellington region’s future? We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Lead - Climate Change to shape and lead the region’s climate change activities.
At Greater Wellington, we have a fantastic organisational culture that values strategic thinking, innovation, equality and flexible working arrangements. The role sit within the Strategic and Corporate Planning team - a small but high-performing team that covers a range of planning functions within the Council.
The role is responsible for advising, reporting on and leading climate change activities for the Greater Wellington region. This includes implementing, monitoring and reporting our climate change strategy, developing policy, providing advice to staff and stakeholders, as well as ensuring that climate change is adequately considered within Greater Wellington and across the region.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of climate change issues (mitigation and adaption) and sustainable management concepts and practice
- Sound understanding of climate science; relevant international, central and local government policy; adaptation related issues and adaptive planning techniques; structure of NZ and Wellington region economy; political and market context relevant to climate change
- Exceptional relationship building skills with a propensity for cultivating trust and rapport with a broad range of stakeholders
- Interest in contributing to the decision making process of Greater Wellington Regional Council.
- Experience in managing, implementing and monitoring projects
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant area
To be part of making Greater Wellington greater please look at the job description and apply via the link below.
For further information on the role please contact Nicola Shorten, Manager Strategic and Corporate Planning on 04 830 4035.
Applications close on Monday 25 February 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BIAM943566
Location: Wellington City
Closing Date: Monday, 25 February 2019