Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Planner, Resource Consenting
Building Momentum | Kokiritia!
The most beautiful District in New Zealand is currently experiencing unprecedented growth. In order for QLDC to respond to the challenge created by the varied and exciting development activity happening right now and the level of activity projected for our community, we are seeking planners of all levels to join our high-performing Planning & Development Division. These remarkable opportunities enable us to provide next-level professional experience and extend upon our technical excellence for our growing Planning Teams, working in a dynamic environment where you can bring your very best to delivering world-class outcomes for our vibrant community.
- Senior Planner, Resource Consents
- Planner, Resource Consents (Intermediate Planner role)
- Planning Officer, Resource Consents (Junior/Graduate Planner role)
Positions are currently available in both our Queenstown and Wanaka locations.
Queenstown and Wanaka are nestled in the Southern Alps of New Zealand on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and Lake Wanaka and are rated amongst the World’s top destinations.
Queenstown and Wanaka are renowned for their four distinctive seasons, which offer snow-capped mountains during the winter months for snowboarding and skiing, and long hot days which are perfect for mountain biking, food and wine tasting or walking along the many trails the District has to offer during the summer months.
Thrill seekers, families and food and wine connoisseurs will all find Queenstown Lakes District the perfect place to call home.
The Planner, Resource Consenting role processes applications (predominantly resource consents) under the RMA, HASHAA and LGA. The Planner is required to formulate and document sound decisions in relation to these applications.
A large component of this role involves assisting the administration of the QLDC District Plans (operative and proposed) and preparing reports on particular planning issues as directed. There is an exciting range of work due to the variety of developments and complexity of the planning environment. The Queenstown Lakes District has a high number of Resource Consent hearings, and preparation for and attendance at hearings is a core part of this role.
Guided by the regulations of the time, the planning team are continually managing the competing interests of the District, enabling and supporting the District’s growths needs, whilst protecting the landscapes and elements that make this District truly special.
You will be working in a team of competent and supportive planners, within an organisation committed to being the best in the country.
- Tertiary qualification in planning, resource management or related field required
- Membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute or eligible for membership
- Significant knowledge and practical application within the planning industry (3+ years)
- Hearings experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Displays initiative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to present topics to the public, professionals, at hearings and at meetings
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships across a broad range of stakeholders
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative professional
- Can-do and outcome-focused attitude
- Great professional development opportunities due to the District’s complex planning environment, diversity of the development and QLDC’s commitment to training
- Working in a competent, collaborative and supported team environment, with planners of all levels that are committed to reaching sound planning outcomes
- Competitive market remuneration
- Paid NZPI membership
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidates
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs
Applications close, Monday 18th February 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: AZFI943488
Location: Queenstown, Wanaka
Closing Date: Applications close. 18th February 2019