Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
People and Capability Manager
Alive with Opportunity
South Taranaki is a district of unlimited potential. Wedged between majestic Mount Taranaki and the sea, South Taranaki is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, spectacular scenery, temperate climate and a rich cultural heritage. In terms of lifestyle it doesn't get much better with a wealth of opportunities to enjoy the recreational activities on offer with everything right on your doorstep.
The South Taranaki District Council offers a proven "Best Place to Work" environment and the chance to join an energetic, progressive organisation. You will be part of a Senior Leadership team which is focussed on operating strategically to deliver against key strategic objectives, building strong teams, developing people and capabilities to deliver positive results for our community.
This position has been created as a result of a recent realignment. Reporting directly to the CE, the People and Capability Manager is responsible for strategic people practices that create a high-performance culture with a focus on service delivery, quality and productivity. A key focus for this role is to lead, develop and implement HR, H&S and Organisation Development strategies and initiatives, to increase individual, team and organisational effectiveness, aligned to the Long Term Plan.
This is a strategic HR role demanding a highly skilled influencer at the leadership team level as well a practical hand on approach producing fit for purpose deliverables that meet the needs of South Taranaki District Council. Formulating people strategies which achieve positive results, as well as, providing HR advice and interpretation of people policies and employment legislation that adds values and manages risk are critical skills to achieve success in this role.
What you will need to succeed
- A tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience at a senior level in HR/H&S/OD
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically at a leadership level; applying your HR/H&S/OD expertise to deliver against key outcomes
- Proven experience delivering successful organisational change initiatives; growing capability and ensuring talent is identified and nurtured
- A credible reputation for delivering high quality, targeted practices and results with a high level of personal integrity
- An adaptable, resilient, positive, professional and people focussed personality and way of working
- The ability to build strong working relationships and partnerships that facilitate the delivery of practical solutions to achieve the required outcomes
- A sound knowledge of legislative and compliance requirements within the employment area
- A knowledge and understanding of Tikanga Maori
Applications close 3 February 2018
To apply for this job go to: www.southtaranaki.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4504955.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 4504955
Location: South Taranaki
Closing Date: Sunday, 3 February 2019