Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Parks and Property Project Lead
As we take our district from Good to Great, we need more great people to join our Council team…
As Parks and Property Project Lead, you’ll be responsible for the co-ordination and management of Parks and Property projects, in conjunction with area Leads, to meet the strategic objectives of Council’s LTP and Annual Plan. You will also facilitate the objectives of the Customer & Community Group and Parks and Property Business Plans.
This role requires an excellent communicator with a proactive approach. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about project management and thrives in transferring those skills to the team. If this is you, then you’re in the right place.
A consummate multi-tasker with outstanding time management skills, you’ll thrive in our performance-based environment. You’ll be part of our Parks and Property team working together to offer excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. You’ll need to cooperate and collaborate with the members in the team to achieve their goals as a unit.
Your solid understanding of project management, in relation to relevant legislation, working knowledge and broad experience of local government will ensure the successful delivery of Council’s community based projects in line with Council strategic outcomes.
Being self-motivated, organised and adaptable to change, your proven knowledge of project management and ability to work autonomously will make you an asset to the team.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management or other relevant qualification.
- Three years’ experience in project management and procurement.
- Experience in delivering a wide range of projects within the property and parks environment. Experience of working in local authority, or other related public organisations would be a preference.
- An understanding of current relevant legislation relating Building, Property and Parks (e.g. The Building Act 2004; Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010; camping Ground Regulations 1985; ext. as per JD document)
- Intermediate level knowledge of the MS Office suite of programmes (primarily Outlook, Word and Excel).
Permanent Full Time
Job no: AZAJ943460
Closing Date: Saturday, 23 February 2019