Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Infrastructure Business Advisor
Building Momentum | Kokiritia!
The most beautiful district in New Zealand continues to experience unprecedented growth. This rapid increase to resident and visitor numbers demands significant investment in our Property & Infrastructure portfolio to sustain the levels of service we provide to our community, and enhance our capability to break new ground for tomorrow. The programme is record-breaking in scale, three times bigger than anything the district has faced. And, Our Great Challenge is now your defining moment to Bring Your Best!
With major projects like the Queenstown Town Centre Masterplan (providing the necessary infrastructure to support a robust local economy) and Project Pure (upgrade of the Wanaka Wastewater Treatment Plant) in our pipeline, the place to be is Queenstown Lakes District, and the perfect time to aspire to the best work of your life is right now.
Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of the community, employing over 500 staff; we manage infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. With an annual operational budget of over $100m and a capital expenditure programme of $990m over ten years, we are a major part of the District’s economy.
Positioned within the Strategy and Asset Planning team, within the property and infrastructure department, the Infrastructure Business Advisor will work with QLDC’s Three Waters strategy/planning staff to develop high quality business cases by the robust and consistent application of engineering evidence and other planning data.
Overseeing the external and internal reviews of the business case process, the Infrastructure Business Advisor will be responsible for essential updates to the business case throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring a continuous business case justification for Capital Works projects. The Infrastructure Business Advisor will also be accountable for the assessment of benefits realisation post-execution, in order to quantify the success of the project.
Key responsibilities in line with the implementation of the above objectives will be: the successful development of programme and project level business cases, management of external partners, the recording and archiving of evidence base that informs the Business Cases, and the tracking and scheduling of all business cases through QLDC’s business case process, to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science or similar.
- 5 years’ post-graduate experience with 2 years’ experience in infrastructure or engineering related business considered highly beneficial.
- High level of competence (advanced) with Microsoft Excel.
- Awareness and understanding of Treasury’s BBC framework and principles desirable.
- Awareness of PRINCE2 project management framework.
- Experience with the administration of financial information and cost estimates preferred.
- Demonstrated planning and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Demonstrated experience in process/system improvement.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs or feel free to contact Mark Baker - Senior Planning Engineer from Wednesday, 30 January 2019 to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close 27 Feb 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BBAM943519
Closing Date: Applications close, 1st February 2019