Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Building Momentum | Kokiritia!
The most beautiful district in New Zealand continues to experience unprecedented growth. This rapid increase to resident and visitor numbers demands significant investment in our Property & Infrastructure portfolio to sustain the levels of service we provide to our community, and enhance our capability to break new ground for tomorrow. The programme is record-breaking in scale, three times bigger than anything the district has faced. And, Our Great Challenge is now your defining moment to Bring Your Best!
With major projects like the Queenstown Town Centre Masterplan (providing the necessary infrastructure to support a robust local economy) and Project Pure (upgrade of the Wanaka Wastewater Treatment Plant) in our pipeline, the place to be is Queenstown Lakes District, and the perfect time to aspire to the best work of your life is right now.
As part of the wider Property & Infrastructure team, the Infrastructure Administrator will focus on administrative support for the programme of infrastructure projects, within QLDC’s Project Management Office.
This role will be instrumental in its provision of efficient information and administration support to the Programme Director, Programme Manager, Engineering Manager and the wider Property and Infrastructure team as appropriate. Contracts administration is a fundamental aspect of the role, with the Infrastructure Administrator providing essential support in relation to capital works contracts - including assisting with the procurement of consultants and contractors, advising the team on procurement and contracting procedures, record keeping, and the overall maintenance of the Infrastructure Contracts Register.
Other key responsibilities will include the drafting of correspondence, preparation of briefing papers and presentations, meeting coordination, document management, and efficient and timely processing of purchase orders and invoices.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an office-based/administration support role or similar.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to use computerised office tools (especially MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint), including advanced word-processing (formatting, merges etc.).
- Well-developed people and communications skills and a strong customer ethos.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multitask
- A background in a project delivery environment is desirable.
- Tertiary Qualification highly desirable.
- Minimum education level NCEA Level 3.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs or feel free to contact Gareth Noble - Programme Director from Wednesday, 30 January 2019 to discuss this exciting opportunity in confidence.
Applications close 27 Feb 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BBAM943520
Closing Date: Applications close, 27 February 2019