Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Human Resources Operations Manager
Are you a technically strong HR leader? Enjoy operational people management, including the tricky stuff? Have a knack for systems & process improvement? We’re seeking the right candidate to bring their best, and help us deliver as a Can Do Council.
The most beautiful District in New Zealand is currently experiencing high growth; this growth offers career development opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated and results-driven professionals like you. The Ten Year Plan that is set out in front of us will see significant investment in infrastructure, and a growing requirement for community, support and regulatory services across the board.
The purpose of the HR Operations Manager role is to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of HR operational services to the organisation. In the first instance, this means a core focus on systems and process improvement, to create efficiencies wherever possible.
You’ll develop the team’s capability along with your own, manage and evaluate the HR Team’s workload and priorities in a fast-paced role that demands resilience, commercial acumen and an in-depth employment relations skill set to make well-informed decisions.
This role will lead the HR Operations team, and provide guidance and advice across the business on technical employment relations matters. This role is all about ensuring we operate efficiently, effectively and within the bounds of the legislation that guides us. It will also deliver a range of HR programmes and services to build culture and capability across the business, and to maximise leadership capability.
- Tertiary (bachelor’s degree) qualification in human resource / organisational development or related discipline.
- Substantial experience (7 + years) as a senior HR practitioner.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with all relevant NZ employment legislation
- Proven experience in developing and implementing HR system, policy and process improvements
- Experience leading and managing a team including all aspects of staff and resource management.
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to persuade and influence to obtain optimal outcomes.
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative professional.
- Organised individual with exacting attention to detail.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Work with, lead and develop a talented HR Team and take them to the next level of performance, engagement and value for our organisation
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs or get in touch with Meghan Pagey – People & Capability Director on 03 450 1766.
Applications close: Tuesday, 26 February 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BLAM943585
Closing Date: Applications close, 26 February 2019