Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Group Manager Infrastructure Services
The Horowhenua District offers a stunning natural environment on the lower west coast of the North Island, where the mountains meet the sea. Kilometres of unspoilt beaches, forest walks and a hinterland that is rich in both Maori and European history.
The district is poised for significant growth and we need an experienced leader with strategic and operational skills to lead our Infrastructure team.
Horowhenua District Council is innovative and forward thinking. The Council’s vision is to work together with local communities, businesses and potential investors to take the region from “good to great”. This second-tier role is critical to the success of our internal journey; if you are innovative, great with people, honest, down-to-earth and able to work to get the right results then you could be an asset to our Council.
To be successful in this role you will need:-
- Proven experience delivering strong results within a legislative / regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically through relevant experience within a senior strategic role; applying your commercial acumen and decisiveness to deliver against key outcomes
- A reputation for building a highly productive and capable team with a strong team culture focused on delivering work of excellent quality
- Credibility that supports engagement with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Build outstanding working relationships and strong partnerships that facilitate the delivery of practical solutions to achieve the required outcomes
- A knowledge and understanding of Tikanga Maori
Previous experience in the local government or public sector with a degree in Engineering (or related field) is required and you will need to be able to demonstrate relevant senior management experience.
Effective relationships are critical in this role and include; internal staff including strategic participation as part of the leadership team, iwi, community, alliance partners, and a range of other agencies and industry partners.
You'll have experience and be comfortable presenting at public meetings and in council chambers. You'll also be at home working with agility and pace as the region enters the next phase of its exciting growth journey.
For further information and to apply for this opportunity visit our website www.horowhenua.govt.nz
Permanent Full Time
Job no: AIAM943325
Closing Date: Applications close 12noon, 1 February 2019