Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Financial Services Manager
Live, work, and play in one of the most picturesque regions of New Zealand. The Marlborough Sounds, mountains, rivers, wine and multiple recreational activities are at your back door. This along with sun, well developed community facilities, affordable housing, easy commuting and good schooling make Marlborough a great place to live.
Marlborough District Council (a unitary authority) is seeking an enthusiastic Financial Services Manager to join its Finance Leadership Team. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will join an organisation:
- that is dynamic and has a direct ability to benefit the people of Marlborough;
- with a professional and committed finance team that has the trust of both Councillors and management;
- that’s big enough to attract high quality staff while still treating you as a person; and
- that will provide lots of challenges and opportunities for you to learn and demonstrate your capability.
To be successful in your application, you will:
- be CA qualified with at least ten years relevant experience where you’ve had a broad corporate exposure within either local government or a large complex environment;
- have excellent financial management, reporting, business planning, budgeting and leadership skills;
- be able to demonstrate that you can:
- work collaboratively as part of the wider Council team with an emphasis on achieving organisational, as compared to individual objectives;
- identify opportunities for improvement and find creative solutions to problems;
- effectively consult and negotiate both internally and externally.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 18 February 2019
Applications should be made online via the careers section of Marlborough District Council’s website where you will find full information on the vacancy and how to apply.For further information you are welcome to contact our CFO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Full Time
Job no: AZDH943474
Closing Date: 5.00 pm 18 February 2019