Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Environmental Protection Officer
Marlborough District Council is committed to protecting the people, beautiful landscapes, coastal waters and biodiversity of the Marlborough region. To do this we largely depend on our Environmental Protection Officers ensuring a high standard of environmental protection and compliance is maintained within the Marlborough region, through the monitoring of resource consents and responding to customer complaints. Our Council has an Environmental Protection Officer role available for the right candidate.
We need an enthusiastic professional with strengths in compliance or environmental monitoring, excellent communication skills, diplomacy and an investigative mind to join our team.
If you enjoy and have experience and proven success in:
- Interpreting key policies, legislation and procedures
- Dealing with complex and contentious compliance issues
- Formulating strategies for enforcement of the RMA 1991 and Bylaws
- Understanding and investigating complaints objectively and impartially
- Preparing and presenting evidence to Council hearings and potentially to Court
- Spotting patterns and emerging trends in compliance issues
- Informing and educating landowners and businesses on the benefits of consent compliance
- Fostering working relationships with industry to minimise their environmental impacts
then our Compliance Team at MDC needs you.
As a unitary authority, we offer the opportunity to work across the full gambit of compliance issues, from winery waste to marine farms and to water quality. The role is challenging, it has a mixture of office and outdoor work and will enable your professional development.
To be considered for this position you need to show your:
- Understanding of relevant legislation and enforcement practices
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to customer service, teamwork and continuous improvement.
Applicants with relevant tertiary qualifications and experience, particularly in environmental, compliance or legal fields are preferred
The Marlborough District Council can offer you:
- A rewarding career and valuable experience in a wide range of compliance activities
- An opportunity to help protect Marlborough’s unique environment
- The enjoyment that comes from working with a range of industries and the community to achieve positive outcomes.
- Access to the renowned lifestyle our region boasts.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 4 March 2019.
Applications should be made online via the careers section of Marlborough District Council’s website where you will find full information on the vacancy and how to apply.
For further information you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BOAH943607
Closing Date: 5.00 pm Monday 4 March 2019