Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Environmental Health Officer
- Permanent - full-time
We are overhauling our operations, breaking down and smashing silos to create a more resilient, collaborative and effective Environmental Health team. We're cultivating an innovative and resilient team capable of using sound problem solving methodology to achieve greater outcomes for our community while meeting legislative requirements.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic individual capable of adjusting to ongoing change created by business needs. The ideal applicant will have a broad range of experience in environmental health and be approved by, or working towards approval from MPI to verify food control plans. The ideal applicant will be qualified for appointment as an Environmental Health Officer under the Environmental Health Officers Qualifications Regulations 1993 although we would also consider applicants with qualifications and experience in food safety auditing. We are also interested in environmental health graduates looking to develop their career.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- outstanding attention to details and time management
- the ability to interpret and understand legislation particularly knowledge of the Health Act, Food Act, Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act and Resource Management Act is essential
- a Food Safety warrant or ability to obtain a warrant
- demonstrated ability to perform tasks of a physical nature to ensure safe performance of duties such as outdoor inspections on various sites
- ability to work weekends and holidays and 'after-hours' to accommodate 'call-out' provisions and monitoring of premises as required
- experience working in a team environment with ability to work independently
- a current and valid Full NZ driver's licence.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Jacquie Muir, Environmental Standards Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, police vetting, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on our website at https://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 21 February 2019.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BIAI943559
Location: Kapiti Coast
Closing Date: Applications close Thursday, 21 February 2019.