Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Engineering Officer - Picton
Marlborough is recognised internationally as the centre of New Zealand's wine industry and for the natural beauty of the Marlborough Sounds. As a unitary authority we look after Marlborough's outstanding natural environment, investing in the region’s infrastructure, its people and its quality lifestyle.
With a three waters budget of approximately $215m over the next 10 years our Assets and Services Department is looking for an experienced Engineering Officer to provide technical skills and to manage the day to day operation of Marlborough District Council’s water supply, wastewater networks, and stormwater drainage primarily in Picton, but will also assist across Council’s other networks.
To be considered for this role you should have:
- NZCE, REA, or a Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with water, stormwater, or sewerage engineering.
- The ability to supervise contractors and internal Operations Staff.
- An understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act and can demonstrate commitment to safe work practices.
- Have a sound understanding of engineering principles especially as they relate to Council services and asset management.
- A willingness to work in a small team to achieve specific goals.
A salary package reflective of the successful candidate’s experience will be offered for this role.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 4 March 2019.
Applications should be made online via the careers section of Marlborough District Council’s website where you will find full information on the vacancy and how to apply.
For further information you are welcome to contact email@example.com
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BIAN943572
Closing Date: 5.00 pm 4 March 2019