Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Emergency Management and Health and Safety Officer
Join the team at Waimate District Council as our new Emergency Management and Health & Safety Officer.
Waimate District Council is a small Council with a team approach to getting the job done. It is an innovative Council and there is always something new and exciting happening within the community.
In this key role, you will be primarily responsible for engagement and promotion of the 4 "R"s - reduction, readiness, response and recovery - of emergency management to enable Council to minimise the harmful effects of an emergency upon the Waimate Community, as well as delivering effective, best practice health and safety processes, reporting, policies and culture to foster our environment of continuous improvement.
Using your exceptional leadership, communication and coordination skills you will:
- Develop, deliver and monitor training for Council staff and community volunteers to ensure that they will be available and prepared in the event of an emergency
- Develop and maintain an effective public education programme and strive for maximum community engagement in Civil Defence matters
- Provide advice, support and training across the organisation in all Health and Safety matters
- Participate as a key member of the Civil Defence Emergency Management team
- Maintain the emergency management equipment and ensure facilities are available for emergency management
- Establish and maintain key relationships both within Council and with external agencies
As you'll be playing an important part in Council and the community, you'll bring your sound knowledge of the Waimate District, along with your exceptional organisational and computer literacy skills. Ideally you will have a tertiary qualification and be experienced in emergency management or health and safety, that would put you in good stead for this role. If your experience and qualifications are in one area, training will be provided in the other, so you'll need to be a quick learner.
Waimate is situated less than 2.5 hours from Dunedin or Christchurch and just half an hour from Timaru or Oamaru. It is close to the sea, lakes and mountains boasting a great lifestyle. It is a small community with a population of 7,500 and is a highly productive agricultural region with a broad and expanding farming sector. This is an ideal location for family, outdoor sports and pursuits with a rural lifestyle.
To apply for this job go to: http://waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4515988. Applications close 08 February 2019
Permanent Part Time
Job no: 4515988
Closing Date: Friday, 8 February 2019