Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Earthquake Prone Building Assessor
We are looking for a Earthquake Prone Building Assessor to join our team in Cambridge. In this newly created role you will be responsible for assessing buildings in the Waipa District to ensure they comply with new earthquake-prone building legislation as directed by the Building Act 2014, more information on these requirements can be found at https://www.building.govt.nz/managing-buildings/managing-earthquake-prone-buildings/
As part of our Building Compliance Team you will profile buildings as being potentially earthquake-prone, review engineering assessments for potentially earthquake-prone buildings, make decisions regarding buildings being actually earthquake prone. You will be a strong communicator, adept at building and developing relationships, and be confident to make solid decisions, focused on the end result.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- a good understanding of the building design and construction principals
- the ability to identify different periods and types of construction
- sound computer and related technology skills
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate positively with a wide range of people
- the ability to work co-operatively in a busy team and the confidence to work with minimum supervision
- good time management skills
- a strong commitment to positive customer service
- a full drivers licence.
Application close at 5pm on Wednesday, 30 January 2019.
To apply for this job, please go online to www.joinourteam.co.nz and enter the job code 8082LGC.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: AOAH943361
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 January 2019