Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Development Engineer Consents
Hastings District Council is a dynamic organisation built on a customer and performance focused culture. We have developed a strong reputation as a progressive and innovative leader in the local government sector. To support and enhance our development as an organisation we seek high performing and passionate individuals to help us in achieving our vision.
We are looking a second Development Engineer – Consents to join an experienced team member within the Asset Management group. Together this team ensures that land development within the district is conducted in accordance with the Engineering Code of Practice, the District Plan and legislative requirements and regulations.
- Providing specialist development advise relating to infrastructural assets (water supply, wastewater, storm water, transportation and parks) on resource consent and building consent applications
- Responsible for the coordination between Asset Management and the Planning/Consents division of resource consent process
- Drive integration and collaboration between Council groups as the standard approach to delivering Council services
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification, either Civil Engineering or NZCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in infrastructure development, including water supply, wastewater, storm water and transportation. Experience in parks operations would also be beneficial.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, including report writing and presentation skills. Strong time management writing skills and will be committed to safety at all times.
For more information about this role and to register and apply visit https://hastingsdc.careercentre.net.nz/
Applications close: 10 February 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HDC60381
Closing Date: Sunday, 10 February 2019